10 Best Remote Control Spiders of 2020
Remote control spiders can be the perfect gift for a kid who enjoys bugs and other crawling creatures. They can drive these usually-oversized arachnids around the house and, perhaps, startle unsuspecting siblings or parents.
Also, you don’t necessarily need to be a kid to enjoy playing with these toys. They’re a fun surprise for around the house or even the office!
Some remote control spiders use wheels, while others operate using robotic legs. You can try to find the spider that works best for your child’s age, motor skills, and interests. The good news is that there are many different options for these toys, so you can easily find one that offers the best fit.
Before you buy, however, you need to understand what options are available to be sure to get the ideal remote control spider for your specific needs.
Compare The Best Remote Control Spiders of 2020
- 1. Baztoy Remote Control Joke Toy Spider with LED Eyes
- 2. Discovery Kids RC Moving Tarantula Spider
- 3. Magical Imaginary Remote Control Robot Spider
- 4. Advanced Play Remote Control 8-inch Tarantula
- 5. Hexbug Spider
- 6. Tipmant High Simulation Remote Control Spider
- 7. Tipmant Large Size High Simulation Remote Control Tarantula
- 8. Meccano-Erector – MeccaSpider Robot Kit
- 9. FUN LITTLE TOYS Remote Control Spider Toy
- 10. Abicial Remote Control Soft Plush Spider
- What to Consider When Buying a Remote Control Spider
- Wrap Up
1. Baztoy Remote Control Joke Toy Spider with LED Eyes
The best oversized remote control spider for Halloween or practical jokes
This reasonably-priced RC spider has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Because it has a remote control with only two buttons, it is an excellent option for younger children.
The eight legs move as the toy goes forward or backward. This motion creates a realistic movement that will fool anyone for a few seconds when they first see it.
This spider also comes with another perk: it uses glow-in-the-dark material that absorbs light and then glows when it’s dark. This feature plus the realistic hairy-spider body make this toy the perfect option for Halloween decor.
- This spider has simple controls, so it’s ideal for smaller kids.
- Glow-in-the-dark feature makes it suitable for Halloween decor.
- The legs have a realistic movement.
- The seller has a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- This spider is a novelty, not a high-quality remote control device.
- It only moves in two directions.
2. Discovery Kids RC Moving Tarantula Spider
The remote control spider with the best controls and realistic movements in all directions
This remote control spider from Discovery Kids moves in all directions thanks to its universal wheel rotation. Though the legs move, they do not propel this spider. That feature is essential because legs often break on these toys, but the spider will still move smoothly if that happens here.
The durability makes the Moving Tarantula a good option for younger kids. However, older kids will appreciate the level of control and the infrared remote control with three different radio frequencies.
This spider has a realistic appearance and LED eyes. It could also work as a teaching tool in a classroom setting or at home.
- This toy has a realistic motion.
- The universal wheels allow it to move in any direction.
- The remote control has three radio frequencies for precise handling and performance.
- This tarantula can function as a toy or for educational purposes.
- Batteries may drain quickly.
- Some reviewers complain that the legs break easily.
3. Magical Imaginary Remote Control Robot Spider
The best lightweight spider to carry with you for fun or practical jokes
Because of its fragile legs and lightweight size, this spider is best for older children and adults. Its appearance and realistic movements are ideal for pranks and practical jokes on Halloween or April Fools Day.
This toy comes in an easy-to-recognize black widow spider shape and color pattern, so it ideal for scaring unsuspecting friends or co-workers. The high-quality remote controller ensures that this spider will function, even if you are not right next to it.
The spider is lightweight, but at more than four by six inches, it is large enough to startle the target of your practical joke.
- This toy has a quality remote controller
- The realistic appearance makes it ideal for practical jokes
- The controls and movements make this spider excellent for older children
- Batteries come with the toy.
- The fragile legs can break if you are not careful.
- The toy requires six button batteries.
4. Advanced Play Remote Control 8-inch Tarantula
The best realistic tarantula with the smoothest operation
The Advanced Play Remote Control Tarantula has a durable and realistic surface that resembles a furry tarantula.
This toy offers stable operation. The wheels glide smoothly over any flat, level surface. More importantly, it operates very quietly, so you won’t have to worry about robotic noises ruining your practical joke.
This spider is easy to control, so it works well for children of all ages, and you can even use it in an educational setting, outdoors, or in the office.
- This toy has a very realistic appearance.
- Operates very quietly, making it ideal for practical jokes.
- It is very large at 13 by 10 inches.
- It is easy to control.
- This RC spider may be too large to carry inconspicuously.
- Some users complain that the large size drains the battery.
5. Hexbug Spider
Best quality spider with reliable moving parts and an excellent controller.
The remote control spider features a two-channel infrared remote and a 360-degree rotating head. Hexbugs are relatively small, and this one is no exception. It can easily fit in the palm of your hand.
Hexbugs are not realistic-looking spiders. Though it has eight legs and spider-like motions, this robot has a transparent, colored exterior. Some curious older children may find this attractive because it allows them to see the robot’s inner workings.
Another big advantage of this toy is that the remote allows you to control multiple bugs simultaneously.
- Quality robotics and joints make this a long-lasting toy (if you care for it properly).
- You can control multiple bugs with one remote.
- It is easy to see the inner mechanisms of the toy.
- Hexbugs comply with child safety standards.
- The Hexbug is not a realistic-looking spider.
- It is not a good option for younger children (age eight or under).
6. Tipmant High Simulation Remote Control Spider
The best easy-to-control spider with push-button remote
The Tipmant spider has a realistic appearance, and it is easy to control. The handheld remote uses infrared technology and easy-to-press buttons. As long as there aren’t any obstructions, you can drive this spider from over 20 feet away.
Even with the simple controls, it can move forward and backward and rotate in place.
Another advantage of the Tipmant is that it uses standard AAA batteries. These are easy to find and replace, and you do not have to worry about getting the correct size of watch or button battery.
- The spider works with regular AAA batteries.
- One-button remote is easy to control.
- The toy has a furry, realistic appearance.
- The legs also move realistically.
- Younger users may break the legs off.
- Remote may not work at longer distances.
7. Tipmant Large Size High Simulation Remote Control Tarantula
An oversized spider that is ideal for decoration or younger users.
This large spider from Tipmant is ideal for younger users. It has a realistic exterior, legs that move like an actual spider, and lighted eyes.
Its size makes it easy to see, and it works as a fun novelty and for practical jokes. This spider can move in any direction. With the remote control, you can move the spider forward and backward. Unlike many cheaper models, which move in two directions, this one also turns left and right.
Another advantage of Tipmant spiders is that they use AAA, AA, and 9-volt batteries, so you can easily find replacements.
- The large size makes it easy to see.
- It can roll over non-smooth surfaces.
- It uses standard batteries.
- Can move in any direction.
- The legs are easy to break.
- The batteries can sometimes drain quickly.
8. Meccano-Erector – MeccaSpider Robot Kit
Best advanced, build-it-yourself spider for older kids.
The MeccaSpider Robot Kit is not a novelty spider for practical jokes or Halloween. Instead, it is an actual robot that you put together and drive.
The focus of Meccano-Erector sets is on robotics and STEM education. The MeccaSpider has more than 200 parts that you need to attach. However, the project is easy for children 10 and over because of clear directions. All the tools that you need are in the package.
You can download an app that has various challenges and games. Rather than using a remote control, this spider has programmable movements. You can create a program that will move the spider in specific directions.
- This robot is ideal for older children.
- You can program movements without the need for remote control.
- The MeccaSpider is an excellent gift for children interested in STEM subjects.
- Everything you need to assemble and use comes in the box.
- This product is not a novelty spider, and it comes with a high price tag.
- The complexity and lack of an easy-to-use controller make it impossible for younger children to use.
9. FUN LITTLE TOYS Remote Control Spider Toy
The perfect novelty gift to use for scary decor or a themed party.
This remote control spider is not one that offers a realistic appearance. Though it has spider legs, the top is a human skull with lights in the eyes.
This spider is all about fun. It is an ideal decoration for a themed party, and it could also work as an eye-catching party favor at a Halloween get-together.
The remote control has four buttons, which you can use to move the skull spider in any direction.
- The skull spider is a unique, fun toy.
- It works well for party decor or as a party favor.
- It uses regular AA and 9-volt batteries.
- The glowing LED eyes are visible in the dark.
- People seeking a realistic spider for practical jokes will be disappointed.
- The toy is a bit top-heavy because of the skull.
10. Abicial Remote Control Soft Plush Spider
The best remote control toy that crawls like a real spider
The Abicial Remote Control Plush Spider looks like a real tarantula with a furry body and jointed legs. It crawls like a real spider too. It is relatively quiet on smooth surfaces, which makes it ideal for practical jokes or if you want a spider that does not make a loud, robotic sound when moving.
The price of this toy is reasonable, and it comes with an easy-to-use infrared remote.
- The spider has a soft, plush appearance.
- It moves with its legs like an actual spider.
- The remote is easy to use, even for children.
- It can move quietly.
- The legs can break easily.
- The remote may not work if there are obstructions.
What to Consider When Buying a Remote Control Spider
Here are some things to consider when you purchase a remote control spider
Some spiders are simple and easy to control with two buttons on the controller. Younger children can move these toys. Some spiders have more complicated controls that could frustrate younger users.
Also, the legs of some spiders will break if you mishandle them. You may want to avoid RC spiders that move using their legs if you are buying for younger users.
Some remote control spiders work outdoors and move silently, while others are robots that can provide a little bit of fun but wouldn’t necessarily work for elaborate pranks.
Some models are for older children who aren’t necessarily interested in scares but want to learn more about robotics.
Finally, some spiders have simple remote controls that can serve as gifts for kids or work as interactive decorations for parties. These cheaper models are not durable, but they can provide some fun for children and party-goers.
Some remote control spiders have a straightforward design. Cheaper models often run on wheels, which improves drivability but may disappoint those seeking realistic spider movements. Simpler models usually have a more natural appearance.
Those with more-complex designs offer true-to-life motion, but they usually do not have a realistic appearance. The models with mechanical spider legs are often more expensive.
There are many different options for remote control spiders. You can find a model that offers the controls, durability, look, and actions you require if you know what to look for and avoid.
Whether you are looking for scares, education, or just a bit of fun, one of the 10 remote control spiders on our list will deliver what you require.